6th Class Christmas Stockings
How to make a Christmas Stocking
Sewing needle, thread, pins, felt.
1. Cut two pieces of felt into the shape of a stocking.
2. Cut out a rectangle of contrasting colour for the top of the stocking.
3. Cut out Christmas decorations such as snowmen, holly, bells etc. to sew on.
4. Tack on the rectangle of felt and use the running or backstitch to sew on the decorations.
5. Sew on a few buttons or pieces of ribbon for design.
6. Sew on a piece of ribbon to the back of the stocking to make a loop for hanging up on the mantelpiece.
7. Use the backstitch or blanket stitch to sew your stocking together.
8. Hang it up and wait for Santa to fill it up!!
6th class- December 2012.
Click the photos below to see our work!